JDC DIY Coil-On-Plug Ignition System Kit (Evo 4-9)
This kit includes everything you need to make your own Mitsubishi Evolution 4-9 COP (coil on plug) setup.
The kit includes:
- Choice of bare, satin black, carbon fiber, or "cut your own" mounting plate Titanium mounting plates are available here
- (2) Mitsubishi Evolution male connectors with pins and water seals
- (4) Denso connectors with pins and water seals
- Stainless steel mounting hardware and 15 amp fuse
- High strength/heat tefzel wire (15ft.)
- High temperature wire sheath (4.5ft.)
- Detailed instructions with pictures and wiring diagram. (Click here for detailed assembly instructions and video.)
- JDC Stickers for the top of each coil
- New, or Refurbished Denso Coils (Optional)
- 3 Year warranty on new Denso coils, 2 year on refurbished Denso coils, lifetime warranty on wire harness and mounting plate
- Fits under OEM spark plug cover and most aftermarket covers
- Tested to 913whp @ 0.020" plug gap
- Military spec heat sleeve protector on wiring, rated to 428degF
- Tefzel military spec wire, rated to 393degF
- Plug and Play (assembly required)
- No retune needed after install
- Gain HP/TQ (8-20 hp is the norm, mod dependent)
- Greatly reduce or eliminate partial throttle bucking
- Better idle quality
- Quicker and easier start especially in colder weather with E85
- Run more boost without spark blowout issues
- Run more gap for better fuel burn and increased mpg
- Plugs last longer due to less fouling
- Plug changes take minutes less
- No problem prone CDI Boxes
- Non corrosive stainless steel hardware
This kit is designed to work with Denso coils part # 90919-02240/90919-02265. The coils are optional with this kit. You can provide your own coils if you wish.
This kit is very simple to make for yourself if you have basic wiring or automotive knowledge, and it will save you HUNDREDS of dollars over buying the exact same thing made by someone else. This kit uses high quality components! If you would rather purchase a fully assembled kit or a pre-made wire harness, they are available here. You can also purchase individual pieces if you don't need an entire kit. Send us a message if you have questions or call/text (423) 665-9616.
As the title says, the instructions were very clear and first timer friendly. Emails were responded to amazingly fast (under one hour)
Packaged very well and shipped quickly came unexpected! Watched live on Instagram to build it the same time with all recommened tools. I crimped 3 of he wrong clips and had to stop the proccess, however this was no problem, contacted John, was able to order extra pieces immidiantly to ship on the way! He was completely understanding. Instructions are very easy to fallow regardless. Such a simple great MOD, will be back for more goodies!!
Best MOD ever! If you have any experience doing electrical splicing, I recommend this,easy to do!
I really like it, work's well, and the instruction are straight forward.
The 3 pin connectors will not stay in place! According to instructions, you were suppose to hear a click. None of them did not lock in place. Poor materials!!