AMS FMIC For Evo VII, VIII & IX
This has been discontinued by AMS. You can find alternative kits here.
The AMS EVO VII/VIII/IX Front Mount Intercooler is the best performing direct bolt on you can buy. This is the same durable, race proven intercooler core we used on our record setting Time Attack EVO, proven efficient to 650 whp. This intercooler has over 80% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart, works with stock and some aftermarket piping and even allows you to retain the front bumper beam!
This AMS Intercooler now features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with smoother features and geometry. Designed by our engineering team using Solidworks (3D CAD software) these A356 T6 Alloy Aluminum end tanks have improved flow over sheet metal end tanks and include gusseted brackets to prevent cracking or failure. We go beyond our competition to ensure quality. Each AMS Intercooler is hand TIG welded in a jig for a perfect fit and pressure tested to 50 psi to ensure maximum performance.
We tested many intercooler cores to find the best performing core available. The super efficient 3.5" thick AMS Intercooler even out flows the competitions 4" core and provides better fitment. With a cross section flow area of 45 inches square this is the largest intercooler on the market that fits without cutting the bumper beam. There are other "more affordable" intercoolers on the market that start out at a 3" thick core that you can upgrade to 3.5" or thicker but the 3.5" STANDARD AMS Intercooler still out performs the competition without any cutting of your bumper!
AMS Evo 8/9 FMIC Features
- 80% more internal flow area than stock
- Flows more CFM than the competitions even larger Racecores
- Best performing intercooler on the market and doesn't require removal of front bumper beam!
- Highest quality, most durable mounting on the market utilizing all 3 factory mounts
- Will bolt up to your stock piping or any aftermarket pipe kit that is designed for the stock intercooler.
- Bar and plate style core, the best performing on the market
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi
AMS Evo Intercooler Specs
- 12.4" tall, 20" wide (28" with end tanks) and 3.5" thick
- 1250 cfm flow and only 1 psi pressure drop at 650 whp
- Slight trimming of plastic under tray required
- Weighs 20lbs.
- Mitsubishi Evolution 7, 8, 9
- GSR, MR, RS and SE
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models
Evo 9 Install Notes:
- If you have an EVO IX please make note of the added installation step in the instructions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.