Radium Engineering Oil Catch Can Kit
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil-saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance. Radium Engineering catch cans feature large 10AN ORB ports, a 4AN ORB drain port, 2-step oil separation baffling, and an O-ring sealed dipstick.
Radium Engineering offers several completely independent oil catch can kits for the Evo X that are sold individually or together using the menu above. The first type do NOT vent to the atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legally. Closed-loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors into the cabin. The Crankcase VTA kit does not recirculate crankcase gasses back through the engine and is intended for race vehicles dealing with a large number of blow-by gasses.
- 2008 - 2015 Mitsubishi Evolution X
20-0105 PCV Catch Can Kit
- Compatible with all 2008-2016 EVO X models. It installs immediately behind the RH headlight and plumbs in-line with the PCV hose. When the PCV valve is open, unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge are drawn into the intake manifold. The catch can acts as an in-line filter trapping and holding the contaminants before they can get to the intake manifold. Note: Because Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for boosted applications as well so connecting to the intake manifold is permitted and will withstand any boost level, no check valve is required.
- NOTE: Some European models have headlamp washer reservoirs which creates an interference with the PCV catch can.
- Crankcase Catch Can Kits install immediately behind the LH headlight and plumbs in line with the crankcase vent hose. This is the hose that connects from the port on the valve cover to the turbo air intake pipe. On 2008-2009 EVO X models which use the "metal" valve cover, the hose is 3/8" (10mm) and requires P/N 20-0106-08. On 2010-2016 EVO X models which use the "plastic" valve cover, the hose is 1/2" (13mm) and requires P/N 20-0106-10. These aforementioned kits were designed with the OEM intake system.
- If an aftermarket intake is installed, consider purchasing 20-0300 Alternate Location Mount separately.
- When the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience flow out of the engine and into the intake pipe. This draws unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe, turbocharger compressor, etc. This can lead to oil collection in the intercooler. Oil coating the inside of the intercooler will lower the thermal efficiency of the intercooler and decrease performance. The catch can kit will help collect the contaminants before they can get to the intake pipe.
- Billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Laser-cut powder-coated LH mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough PCV hose for custom applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
DUAL CATCH CAN KITS:
- The dual catch can kit consists of the PCV and CCV kits.
- The alternate location mounting kit is required if a Radium Engineering Crankcase Catch Can Kit interferes with other components, such as an aftermarket intake system. The kit works in conjunction with any of the EVO X crankcase catch can kits listed above. The 20-0300 DOES NOT include a catch can. Purchase in conjunction with crankcase catch can kit 20-0106-XX.
- Black Anodized Laser Cut Bracket
- Stainless Steel M8x1.25mm Bolt
- Sheet Metal Hex Screw
The only problem I had is my air intake is too big so I modified that bracket a bit and mounted in front of the radiator. Although there’s plenty hosing in both sizes and nice quality metal filters in catch cans.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.