Race Series Main Engine Bearings by ACL
High-performance driving demands that you use the best parts. So rely on ACL Race Series performance engine bearings to perform to the exacting race standards you expect. They provide the dependability it takes to hold up under higher RPM conditions. The unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering come together to deliver what drivers expect from high-performance tri-metal bearings. These ACL Race Series performance engine bearings go the distance.
ACL Race Series performance engine bearings are manufactured to exact tolerances with particular attention paid to wall thickness accuracy. This ensures a reliable fit and helps maintain consistent clearances.
- High strength lead-tin-copper overlay plate with reduced thickness
- Hardened steel backing to assist with bearing retention
- Layers of nickel barrier and high fatigue strength copper-lead lining
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load and oil flow to the conrod bearings
- Precision Machined to tight consistent wall tolerances
- Enlarged ID Chamfers on bearing edges to accommodate performance crankshafts.
ACL RACE Series performance engine bearings do not start out with the silver-grey appearance of regular aftermarket bearings, as there is no final silvery tin flash applied to these bearings. A silvery tin finish as applied to other bearings can, under high loading and heat, move with the plate, causing high spots on the back of the shells and distorting the bearings.
- 1997+ Mitsubishi 4G63 Engines
- 1997+ Mitsubishi 4G63T Engines
- 1997+ Mitsubishi 4G64 Engines
- High Strength and Durability
- Maintains Consistent Clearances
- Improved Fatigue Properties
- Improved Bearing Retention
What's In The Box?
- 1 - ACL Race Main Bearings Set
- Necessary Hardware (if applicable)
- Instructions/Manuals(if applicable)
- Warranty Information
ACL Manufacturer Warranty
The unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering come together to deliver what drivers expect from high performance Trimetal engine bearings.
- Designed to withstand higher RPM conditions.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties.
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention.
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearing sand to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
What is the maximum power rating of ACL Race Series bearings?
- Increasing red line engine speed
- Increasing turbo boost / cylinder pressure
- Changed timing & cam profiles
- Using low viscosity oils and/or high engine temperatures
- Changing crankshaft / connecting rod / piston design
- Modifying cylinder dimensions (boring out, stroking, decking cylinder head)
As a result it is only realistic to reduce the question to 'maximum specific bearing load'. This is the maximum load experienced by the bearing spread over its projected area. For this the engine builder will need to know peak cylinder pressures and balance these forces with the inertial load (acceleration of piston and conrod masses). Generally speaking ACL Race bearing materials and design allow a great deal of flexibility for upgrading engine performance having an excellent balance of strength and forgiveness. The trade-off is: high load = shorter life. ACL Race bearings work well in street machines, that are rarely used at max power but are expected to have a normal engine life, as well as in 'Top Fuel' Dragster engines where bearing loads are several hundred MPa but life is measured in seconds!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.