CSF Charge-Air Cooler Manifold
CSF is proud to announce its most advanced cooling system to date – the new Charge-Air Cooler Manifold for A90/A91 Toyota Supra and BMW G-Series (B58).
With well over 1,500 hours of design, prototype development, machining, and testing, CSF, along with partners VF Engineering (USA) and Custom Plenum Creations (Australia), has now brought a state-of-the-art CNC machined, high-performance Charge-Air Cooler Manifold to the B58 platform for Mk5 Supra and BMW models. This product solves what has been commonly known as a weak link of an otherwise impressive new engine platform.
With the larger and more efficient water-to-air intercooler performance, lower pressure drop across the system, included fuel rail, kit for top feed port injection, and several other industry-leading features, the CSF Super Manifold will allow B58 owners to maximize the performance of their vehicles and push the limits further than what has been previously possible with this new platform.
CSF conducted extensive testing on the dyno with R&D partner VF Engineering to ensure performance improvements before going into production with the new manifold. We performed over 50 dyno runs on the same car, on the same day, in relatively hot ambient conditions (~90°F) comparing the performance of the CSF Charge-Air Cooler Manifold to the OEM. Both the CSF and OEM cooler went through roughly 25 back-to-back dyno pulls every 30 seconds to measure the performance of the car over time, resistance to heat soak, recovery time, and the effect on the turbo system duty cycle.
- Toyota Supra (A90/A91) 3.0L
- BMW Z4 M40i (G29)
- BMW M340i (G20, G21)
- BMW 440i (G20, G21)
- Other select BMW B58 vehicles
- Utilizes a High Performance, Motorsports-Grade Bar/Plate Air-to-Water Intercooler Core
- Double the Capacity of the OEM Core (12 Rows of Water Cooling vs. OEM 6 Rows)
- Significantly Lower Pressure Drop Across the Core Compared to OEM
- Designed in SolidWorks Using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Integrated Air Divider in Inlet Tank Evenly Distributes Airflow Throughout the Core
- Easy Access to Spin-Off Oil Filter for Quick Oil Changes – No Need to Uninstall Manifold Every Oil Change
- Counter Balanced Design for Optimized Airflow
- Integrated Sensor Pad with Three 1/8″ NPT Ports to Measure Additional Parameters
- Included Optional Fuel Rail for Top Feed Port Injection
- Individual Port Injection Bungs on Each Cylinder Runner (Comes Pre-Plugged)
- Individual 1/8″ NPT Ports on the Top of Each Cylinder Runner for Nitrous or Meth Injection
- Allows for Even Spray Distribution and Control for Maximum Performance and Engine Protection
- Individual 1/8″ NPT Breather Ports for Both Inlet/Outlet Water Connections on Back of Manifold for Easy Air-Bleeding of the System
- Plug-and-Play design, Requiring No Modifications to Install
- Includes Hardware and Installation Kit with Picture Diagrams Containing 28 Different Parts for Easy Installation
- Can be Used With OEM or Aftermarket Engine Covers (with OEM Connections)
Summary of Testing
- Faster recovery of intake air temperatures
- ~30°F reduction of intake air temperatures (IAT’s) compared to OEM
- Less pressure drop compared to OEM core
- Puts less stress on the turbo system, allowing more boost to be made at higher targets
- Avoided going into limp mode after prolonged demanding conditions, simulating motorsports use
- On a stage 2 car with bolt-on upgrades, making ~400whp, comparing dyno run 19 between CSF and OEM, an increase of ~26whp and 11wtq were achieved
- The performance increase and delta between CSF and OEM will be bigger as power is increased in the vehicle
Because of how technical and complex this product is to manufacture, improvements and changes to the manifold, hardware, and instructions are to be expected between production runs.
CARB application in process – approval pending
TÜV application in process – approval pending
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.