4G63 Beehive Spring & Retainers By GSC Power Division (5040)
GSC Power-Division Beehive springs feature some of the most impressive manufacturing techniques in the industry. Our beehive spring uses an ovate wire which utilizes advanced material heat treatment methods for superior load loss capabilities. What this means to you is our spring has the highest level of spring load retention while still maintaining good fatigue throughout the life of the spring. Only the best materials go into the GSC Power-Division Beehive valve spring. Each batch is scrutinized for tensile strength properties, ductility, inclusion content, and fatigue toughness.
The beehive valve spring shape has become the buzz lately. Some have inquired as to the benefits of a beehive spring vs the dual springs that are sold by others. While some might find that the beehive spring design is new it has been used commonly in many OE engines as well as in all of the NASCAR and F1 engines of today. Why? The beehive shape is more stable than standard single or dual cylindrical springs. The beehive design which incorporates an ovate wire is more than capable of the performance demands that were previously only matched by a Dual Springs. With the smaller and lighter retainer used on the beehive valve spring allow for higher RPM and more valve control. So beehive valve springs, with there lighter weight retainers allow for engine's to rev quicker and maintain a more stable valve motion than the traditional cylindrical springs of yesteryear.
- Lighter components
- More durable design
- Lower spring frequency for more precise valve control
- More valve control equals more aggressive cam profiles
- Rev faster
- Less stress on valvetrain components
- Nano Peened for faster break in and less stressed springs
- All of these items help to return more power for you to enjoy!
- 5040 Beehive Rev and Boost range (using an S2 profile camshaft set)
- Max RPM: 8,500
- Max boost: 30psi
- Beehive spring pressure: 1.59"= 85lbs.
- 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Evo 8/9
What's in the box?
- GSC Power-Division Beehive Spring set with Titanium Retainers
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.