Refurbished coils are currently out of stock with no exact ETA.
In order to simplify the ordering process, we have made a separate listing for systems with NEW coils, which can be found by clicking here.
Suffering from spark blowout issues on your underpowered OEM coils? The JDC Ignition System is what you need! The JDC Coil-On-Plug Ignition System is a direct replacement to your factory Evolution 4-9 coils and wires and simply plugs in and bolts down! No assembly required! Simply remove the setup from the box and install it on the car. This system utilizes 100% authentic high performance, Japanese made Denso Ignition Coils, not the cheap off brand coils that won't perform as well or last as long.
- Works with all Evo 4-9 USDM/JDM models (select the correct option according to the valve cover you have. Evo 9 with MIVEC is different than Evo 4-8.)
- This ignition system is designed for use with the stock ECU and are compatible with AEM EMS V1 & V2, Haltech, MegaSquirt and the SunAuto Hyperforce. This system will NOT work with CDI boxes or the HKS DLI, and are not needed to meet your power goals up to 913whp+.
- 2 Year warranty on Refurbished Denso coils
- Lifetime warranty on wire harness and mounting plate
- Fits under OEM spark plug cover and most aftermarket covers
- Tested to 913whp @ 0.020" plug gap
- Military spec wire sheath, rated to 428degF
- Military spec tefzel wire, rated to 393degF
- Waterproof seals on all ports
- Plug and Play (no assembly required)
- No retune needed after install
- Gain 8-20 HP/TQ (mod dependent)
- Greatly reduce or eliminate partial throttle bucking
- Better overall idle quality
- Quicker and easier start, especially in colder weather with E85
- Run more boost without spark blowout issues
- Run more gap for better fuel burn and increased mpg
- Plugs last longer due to less fouling
- Makes changing plugs extremely simple
- No problem prone CDI boxes to worry about
- Choice of satin black anodized 6061 billet aluminum, solid carbon fiber, or Titanium mounting plate
- Choice of standard or "Hideaway" wire harness
- Choice of stainless steel or titanium hardware
What's in the box?
- Assembled JDC Coil-On-Plug Ignition System
- Mounting Hardware
- 15A Fuse
- Installation Instructions & warranty information
About the Hideaway Harness Option:
- This harness uses the same high quality connectors, military spec tefzel wire, and wire sheath as our standard COP wire harness, but this one hides under the mounting plate for a super clean, wire tucked look! This harness offers the same quality and performance as you'd expect from any product offered by JD Customs USA. This harness is sold separately, or can be added to any of our ignition system options for an additional $30.
How is this harness different?
- Both leads come out from the valve cover on the right side and are concealed by a single wire sheath. The right side connector makes its hidden connection behind the thermostat housing and the left side lead can be ran under or over the intake manifold to make its connection behind the valve cover for another hidden connection. Click here for more info on the "Hideaway" harness.
Check out these review/install videos!
JDC Coil-On-Plug Ignition System | Refurbished Coils (Evo 4-9)
The JD Custom COP system lives up to the hype!
I’m totally blown away by the performance of this COP! Having all the mods to my VIII GSR already, including a bigger turbo seemed to have less kick in the pants than when I first bought my Evo. This COP setup changed all of that. The car does start better, idle better, and pulls hard as hell! What more could you ask for?
Definitely will recommend to all my friends with 4G63’s.
Improved my cars acceleration and removed misfiring. Can’t speak on increasing power as the car was not dyno’d. I recommend the purchase and highly recommended. Fuse does not required to be changed as ignition fuse is stock 30 amps.
Thanks for the great review! We send a 15 amp fuse with our kits for anyone with an Evo 8/9 that is upgrading from stock coils. The stock fuse on Evo 8/9 is 10 amp and needs to be changed to 15 amp, but I can't speak for older Evo models that may already come with a larger fuse. Thanks for your business!
Fantastic bit of kit great service fast postage would recommend
Super easy install, really happy with product. The car does have a better idle and definitely feels more smooth when i drive. Also feel alil more torque and i love it. A must have if you own a evo
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.